Monday, June 22, 2009

Making Baby Purees from Leftovers

We had some lasagna for dinner on the weekend and so I decided to make a puree from it with some of the leftovers. I just warmed it up in the microwave and then pureed it in the blender bowl of the Bébédelice. I wanted it to be a bit chunky because I have been reading about the importance of encouraging babies to eat food that is not "super-pureed" - and so I thought this might be a good way to start.

Lasagna makes a great puree because the creamy sauce blends really well with the meat and pasta. Some other left over meals that you could try are spaghetti bolognaise, casseroles, sausages and mashed potato, omelets or frittata, ravioli, noodles, etc.

I also tried using the steaming section of the Bébédelice to make meatballs on the weekend and that worked really well too. I made them by mixing some chicken mince with fresh breadcrumbs, a tiny bit of onion, some grated zucchini, and a pinch of parsley and thyme. I rolled the mixture into small balls and then steamed them in the Bébédelice. Once they had cooled down I let my son feed them to himself and they went down a treat.

I hope that these tips are helpful. We would love to hear from you if you have any other ideas for using leftovers - or some recipes for the Bébédelice

Have a lovely week

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment